RTI- Success or Failure in Bharat
Posted by संदीप नारायण शेळके on March 24, 2011
I received this email from Amitabh and thought of sharing with readers of this blog too. Please participate and increase the quality of research.
We all know that RTI Act has come up as one of the greatest laws enacted in Independent India and its impact on the related socio-political fabric and administrative setup is quite visible. While previously the doors of governance were quite closed to common masses, today with the passage of time RTI has made it possible that everyone can come and have a look at what is going inside the government offices. Yet there are many people who feel that RTI has been an abject failure and it has not been able to achieve most of the goals the social activists had originally envisaged. There is a middle of the road thinking where the feeling is that while a few of the objectives have been achieved, many others still remain as it is.
Our organization, National RTI Forum is making a small contribution in this field by inviting all those concerned with this topic to send Mini research papers on the topic “RTI- Success or Failure in India” The Research Paper can be about any particular aspect of RTI or it can also take the subject in its totality. It needs to cover the topic about functioning of RTI in India. The author of the Research paper might take any stand on the topic as he/she feels like. One can also send the Research paper on the basis of one or a few specific examples.
The last date for sending the Research paper is 30th April 2011. It can be sent either through email at email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed at
Dr Nutan Thakur,
National RTI Forum,
5/426, Viram Khand, Gomti Nagar,
Lucknow- 226010 # 94155-34525
Following set of rules shall be applicable-
1. The last date for sending the Research papers shall be 30th April, 2011
2. Research papers can be sent either through email or at the given postal address
3. The maximum word limit of the Research paper shall be 5000 words while the minimum limit shall be 1500 words
4. The sender of the Research papers must also provide their name, address, email, phone number etc.
5. Research paper must be original at all cost and shall not have already been published anywhere
6. Research papers can be sent either in Hindi or English language
The best two Mini Research papers shall be accordingly awarded-
First prize- Rs. 2,000/ (Two thousand only)
2nd prize- Rs. 1,000/ (One thousand only)
The First two research papers shall be published as well.
President, National RTI Forum